Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett



Fantasy Fiction
281 pages
Paperback
1988

I didn't read all these Pratchett books in a row, I am just catching up on my summer reading reviews. This book was released on a year after Mort and already the writing is improved.

We follow the actions of a coven of witches, Granny Weatherwax, Nanny Ogg and Magrat, the young witch. The King is Dead and evil man has taken his place. The Kings ghost roams the castle trying to understand that he is really dead. The kingdom is upset. Not just the people in the kingdom, but the land itself. It rolls and grumbles, something isn't right. The Wyrd Sisters need to work to make things right.

This is the introduction to the witches story line that continues for many books. I had heard that this wasn't Pratchett's best work. Though, it may not be his best I really enjoyed it. Pratchett has a fun way of picking on people without coming off as mean.

3 Intellectual/Emotional - The witches are lovable and I am excited to read other things involving them.

3 Style/Readability - A good beginning to another Pratchett storyline. I look forward to more great writing.

4 Long Term -  I am not sure how many other books are in the series, but I know that the Witches are some of Pratchett's most loved characters. I am sure they will be loved for years to come.

10 out of 13. I think anyone looking for a light hearted fantasy read would enjoy this. Mandatory for a Pratchett fan.

Keep Turning Pages

No comments:

Post a Comment