Friday, January 27, 2012

Naked Pictures of Famous People by Jon Stewart



Humorous Fiction - 163 pages (Hardcover)
I have been a fan of The Daily Show since I had nothing else to do on a night shift around 2000. My wife had this book sitting around and I was hoping to read something funny.

This book is hard to qualify. Each chapter is a total change from one to the other. The first chapter is written like a diary as, apparently, Jon Stewart, hangs out with the Kennedys before he was born and tells of all the bizarre things they do. Another chapter is a series of chat room posts made by Vincent Van Gogh, another (and probably the most funny) is a series of Christmas letters from the mother of the boys in the band Hanson as she slowly loses her grip.

A few of the chapters were really funny, where others were almost unreadable.

2 Intellectual/Emotional: Like I said some it was funny, but if I would have bought this book new I would have been really disappointed.

2 Style/Readability: Some of the chapters were terribly and that took away from the whole book

1 Long Term Impact: Jon Stewart likely won’t be known for his books and this isn’t a bad thing.

5 out of 13. Ouch, Sorry Jon, but this book wasn’t really worth reading. The only thing I can really say is that it was really short to read so you could get to the funny parts fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment